Here it is! A blog posting….finally, after so long.
We have a small, self-contained gallery space in our studio (Westgate Studio, Wakefield, UK) which was formerly The Prince Albert (see the picture in a previous post, down there, scroll…) and is now white-walled, tidy and has become the latest incarnation of PEEP! gallery; an ongoing project that I have written a lot about in previous posts from years ago, none of which I have read recently but I would probably stand by some, most or none of it.
For the next year, I want the lovely people on Twitter to send in ‘art’ to be displayed in the space! We have six one-night exhibition opportunities coming up in 2012 as part of the Wakefield Artwalk. At each event there will be other planned exhibitions both at Westgate Studio and other venues including The Arthouse, The Hepworth Gallery and BEAM. I will try to remember to add links at the bottom of this post.
We get a good many people through on each night; we have beer, fun and hopefully the public will tweet the participants on the night telling them how brilliant their contribution was! A bit live and a bit interactive!
We’re accepting work from…now! Don’t delay, send it!
The tweetart events will be: January 25th, March 28th, May 30th, July 25th, September 26th and November 28th. The gallery space is approximately 16ft x 4ft and we have plinths as well as empty frames and white tack and nails and patience.
Some key information:
1. We can only return work if clearly marked as required and postage is included, the idea is that we keep hold of the work for the tweetart archive and exhibit it in any/many of the shows. Please do not send your most-prized drawing ever!
2. We accept drawing/painting/collage/photography/text pieces/2D/3D/found/lost/postal/coastal, in short anything except illegal substances or living things. Please note the size of the gallery. We would prefer work to be limited to A6-A3 size generally. We have a small supply of frames and we may or may not frame your work! We reserve the right to curate freely!
3. Open submission. We will ‘make it work’! There is no theme. And send as many pieces as you like!
4. You have to be ‘on’ Twitter. Please make sure you include your @ name as we will be displaying this along with your work. And please include any other information as appropriate, such as title (if there is one!), medium and so on.
5. Please post all your stuff to: @peepart/Studio A6/Westgate Studio/55 Westgate/WAKEFIELD/WF1 1BG/UK